Saturday, January 10, 2009

Taiwan culture: AIDs or a condom - I'll risk the AIDs

Condoms were a no-no for some older women in Taipei because it suggested you were planning to have sex, and you did it often.

This is one of John's stories.

He had had a particularly bad class and started drinking beer from the 7/11 and hanging around on Chong Hsiao East Road, one of the most popular shopping areas.

After a couple of beers he was starting to get horny and so started to talk to a woman in her thirties stood looking in the window of Mango.

“Hi,”he said. “How are you?”

“Ok. Uh, nice to meet me,” she replied.

“Sorry, I am new in Taipei, and I am looking for a coffee shop. I have walked around for a long time,” he said.

“There is one behind you - There,”he replied.

“Uh, so stupid. I should buy you a coffee for showing me where to go. If you would join me...”

Twenty minutes later in the coffee shop.

“You are very pretty you know," said John.

“Thank you, but I am not going to fuck you,”she replied.

John was taken back but continued,“Of course, you are a traditional Taiwanese woman.”

“No, that is not the reason. Most of you foreigners have AIDs, don’t you?"

He then explained that he had given up and started to leave, but been invited back to hers. Then, later, as the time to penetrate had come, he had reached in his trouser pocket for some condoms.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"Putting on a condom of course," he replied.

"You think i am the dirty girl? - Sleep around?"

“Whatever, I was just trying not give you AIDs, after all."

No comments: